Terms of entry
Champion of Champions Sausage Competition 2023 (“Competition”)
Terms and Conditions of entry
1. By entering the Competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the entry form and within the Competition details.
2. Any employees (and their families) of William Reed Business Media Ltd, its agents and anybody professionally connected with the Competition are not eligible for entry
3. Entrants must be independent butchers and have made the sausages submitted to the Competition (“Entries”). Only sausages manufactured in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland are eligible for entry.
4. Entries must have been won a previous competition or entered for the Competition in at least one year from 2012 to 2022 and be made to the same recipe as one of those previous entries or have been a finalist of the Butcher’s Shop of the Year 2023 awards.
5. Entrants must complete and submit an entry form online on the Champion of Champions website by the closing date. Entries will only be accepted if they are completed in full.
6. Responsibility is not accepted for entry forms being delayed or corrupted as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or which otherwise do not comply with these terms and conditions and may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the judges.
7. Entrants may submit only one Entry.
8. Entrants must deliver their entries in person to the Butcher Shop of the Year Awards 2023 between the following times specified on your email. Entries will not be accepted unless an entry form has previously been accepted in accordance with clause 5.
9. Entries must be products for human consumption and be in date for consumption on 22nd May 2023.
10. Entries must be identified by their product description only on a sticky label placed on the overwrapping. The business name MUST NOT be included.
11. Entries must arrive chilled and presented on unlabelled white polystyrene trays, overwrapped and without garnish.
12. Entries must consist of 1lb (454gms) of raw and 1lb (454gms) of cooked ingredients. A tolerance of +/- 1oz (28gms) will be allowed.
13. Entries may be linked or presented individually with no limitation to the number of sausages to the 1lb (454gms). An equal number of raw and cooked sausages must be entered.
14. All entries must contain at least 30% meat.
15. Entries will become the property of the Organiser.
16. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any Entries it deems inappropriate.
17. There will be one winner only of the title Champion of Champions 2023, which will be announced at the Butcher Shop of the Year Awards on the 22nd May 2023. Each entry will receive one free ticket to the event.
18. The Competition will be judged by a panel of expert and independent judges selected by the Organiser.
19. The Organiser reserves the right to change the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
20. The decision of the chairman of the judges on all matters affecting this Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The winner may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consents to appearing in photographs being used for such purposes.
22. By entering the Competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the data controller for the purposes of the administration of this Competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
23. The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Competition.
24. The Organiser and data controller is William Reed Business Media Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.